1. Check your teddy over to ascertain if their may be a washing instructions label. Some synthetic bears can actually be machine washed on the foremost gentle cycle. don’t wash with other colored clothes or items. employing a mesh bag to place the bear in isn’t a nasty idea. i might not use much detergent if any but maybe a touch fabric softener would be a pleasant touch. Allow it to air dry. don’t put in dryer or use a hand blower . Machine washing isn’t something that might be recommended for antiques or real old or fragile teddies. Remember that bears that talk or make sounds probably have a tool inside them which will get ruined if machine washed.
2. Let me say that for subsequent steps “patience” may be a must. For a very dirty teddy the human instinct is to urge some strong cleaner and put it during a spray bottle and spray and scrub the heck out of it. While this might get some good results some times, it’s going to also ruin certain fabrics by changing color, texture, and overall appearance of the teddy .
3. For the various teddy bears that aren’t mechanically cleanable , the fabric of an old teddy is basically not much different than the care you’d give to an antique piece of upholstery or tapestry. Brush gently with a soft brush to loosen particular dust and soil. Carefully vacuum it by putting cheese cloth or employing a nylon over the vacuum head of your vacuum tool to get rid of loose soil.
4.Using a clean damp cloth (warm water only-no soap as soap tends to go away a residue which will cause quick re-soiling) wipe down the teddy bears fur. you will be surprised what proportion soil are often removed with simply wiping down the bear. this could help restore a number of the shine and brighten the colour love it had when it had been newer.
5.If teddy is severely soiled you’ll need to repeat this process 2-3 times to urge the maximum amount soil removed as possible. don’t soak the teddy . If you’ve got to, allow it to air dry then repeat the method .
6. subsequent step is allowing the teddy to air dry. it’s best to lightly brush the teddy bear’s fur before it dries, in order that the nap is all laying within the same direction (usually laying down) . If you let it dry first before you sweep it it’s going to change the feel and appearance and you’ll not be ready to catch on back after it’s dry.
7. sometimes a touch mending could also be needed.
8. do not forget to hug them a minimum of once each day .
9. confirm to permit as many kids as possible to admire and perhaps hold them. Teddy Bears love children.
10. For teddy bears that do not get used much and perhaps sit on a shelf for an extended time, you’ll either buy a case to place them in otherwise you can use an outsized clear zip lock bag or freezer bag and wear over the bear’s head & body. this enables you to still see the bear but will help keep the dust and dirt for getting them dirty.
Hopefully a number of the following pointers have helped you look after your teddy bears. Remember the older and more antique the teddy the more caution and care must be used